AS A LIFE COACH, CHEF & AUTHOR, I’M PASSIONATE ABOUT FOOD, COOKING, WRITING AND CREATING OPPORTUNITIES FOR TEAM DEVELOPMENT.
This may seem like an unusual mix, but–for me–it makes sense. As a Chef, I learned that working in a kitchen requires collaboration and communication: teamwork. Once I learned this, I was able to encourage my staff to see every event as a “team production.”
At the same time, I was also fortunate enough to receive brilliant coaching at a pivotal point in my career, which made a huge impact on the success of my business. This led me to pursue a Coaching Certification so that I could share this good work with other businesses.
Ultimately I realized that both authentic teamwork and skillful coaching had huge potential for creating business success. This inspired me to create my present Culinary Team Building approach known as the WORKING KITCHEN–A UNIQUE APPROACH TO COMPANY TEAMBUILDING USING COOKING SKILLS.
Working Kitchen is a boldly-structured approach that blends coaching strategies with culinary techniques to build team unity in corporate and non-profits, while breaking down barriers to communication and collaboration. The combination of the fast-paced, fun of a Chopped kitchen experience with skillful team building structures allows attendees to grow on many levels–while having fun!
HAVING ENJOYED AN EXCITING AND DIVERSE CAREER IN THE CULINARY ARTS, COACHING WAS THE LOGICAL NEXT STEP FOR ME.
In 2004, I began my training as a Life & Business Coach through the respected Coaches Training Institute and became certified as a CPCC and PCC because I wanted to acquire the necessary skills to be a powerful force for healthy growth in the business community.
Now I harness this lifetime of experience in both the U.S. and France–Coaching & Cooking–to facilitate boldly-curated team building adventures in the kitchen.
PRIOR TO BECOMING A CERTIFIED LIFE COACH:
- I began my career by completing the Diploma course at La Varenne, Ecole de Cuisine in Paris and working as a chef at a chateau in Burgundy.
- Returning to California, where I grew up, I owned a natural foods restaurant; directed one of the country’s most prestigious catering operations; owned my own catering company; and produced a line of gourmet food products.
- After owning my own successful businesses, I became the Director of Catering at the Los Angeles Music Center for six years where I catered the Academy Awards four times and prepared a state luncheon for HRH Queen Elizabeth II. I also produced galas in honor of three American presidents, as well as other foreign dignitaries, divas and Julia Child. Julia was the one who wowed me!
- I’ve also:
- Written 3 books:
- Written hundreds of feature stories on food trends, entertaining and cooking for various publications; and
- Worked with some of the world’s largest retailers and food producers as an author, product developer and recipe creator.
Les Dames d’Escoffier, Seattle – Board of Directors
The Culinary Trust – Board of Directors
IACP – Member
International Coach Federation – Member
Chef’s Collaborative – Member